SEPPELTSFIELD ROAD BUSINESS ALLIANCE
ABOUT SEPPELTSFIELD ROAD BUSINESS ALLIANCE
The Seppeltsfield Road Business Alliance was formed in 2001 to provide an opportunity for businesses and individuals located along Seppeltsfield Road to work together to promote this unique, premium, heritage part of the Barossa Valley, increase visitation, network and foster community spirit.
The Road defines a significant historic tourism precinct within the Barossa Valley. The SRBA is recognised by Tourism Barossa and local councils as a prime example of what businesses and individuals working together can do to enhance tourism in a region.
AIMS OF SEPPELTSFIELD ROAD BUSINESS ALLIANCE
- To promote and encourage co-operation between businesses and the local community in the Seppeltsfield Road precinct to enhance tourism in the Barossa Valley region.
- To stage events to attract the general public to the Seppeltsfield Road precinct.
- To maintain and enhance beautification of Seppeltsfield road.
- To be politically organised and active when required to protect the integrity of our region and sustainability of local tourism businesses.
The Alliance membership has grown to around 30 businesses, organisations and interested individuals. Members work together in a voluntary capacity on various projects throughout the year to meet the above tourism and community objectives. These projects include environmental impact projects, community events to promote social inclusion of people who live and work along the road and co-operative marketing opportunities.
Members of the Alliance meet on a monthly basis at different member businesses or homes, and of course our regional food and wine adds to the camaraderie! Every member has strengths and ideas that they bring to the group. A Light Regional Council representative attends our meetings ensuring good communication and a strong working relationship with Council who are very supportive of our initiatives.
A feature of our group is that co-operation has in a large way replaced competition, to our mutual benefit. The Alliance has contributed to raising the profile of Seppeltsfield Road to local, interstate and international tourism markets with its co-operative marketing initiatives (website, brochure) resulting in increased visitation to the Road and recognition of it as a tourism destination in itself.
- Development of the Information Bay corner of Seppeltsfield and Stonewell Roads
- Annual Neighbourhood Happy Hour
- Participation in the annual Clean up Australia Day
- Entry of a float in the biennial Barossa Vintage Festival.
- Annual Shakespeare in the Vines event at Seppeltsfield Winery – provides funds for local projects such as the Stonewell Road Information Bay, as well as donations to local volunteer groups such as the Marananga Town Band, Marananaga Tennis Club and the Make A Wish foundation.
- Participation in a maintenance roster to keep the Information Bay and surrounding area, developed by the SRBA, pristine for visiting tourists.
- Work with local council to ensure road signage is accurate and maintained.
TO MEET US
Held on the first Monday of each month at different member venues determined at the previous meeting. New members are always welcome!
TO CONTACT US
If you want to become a member or have any queries in regards to the Seppeltsfield Road Business Alliance, please contact with the relevant committee persons:
Seppeltsfield Road Business Alliance Committee
Seppeltsfield Road Business Alliance Sub Committee Coordinators